Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Clinical Trainer & Quality RN to join our Member Care & Services team.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
This role provides Oscar employees engaging evidence-based learning experiences that meet the needs of clinical staff across the organization. You work with clinical team leaders to develop custom learning solutions for employee onboarding & ongoing education to help employees adapt & thrive as department needs evolve. You will own both learning solutions & quality audits to ensure regulatory compliance so that Oscar members get access to the right care - particularly those who need it most.
You will report into the RN Clinical Trainer Lead.
- Facilitate onboarding & continuing education learning experiences to Oscar Clinical Review & Case Management team members in virtual and/or in-person settings (position is currently remote)
- Coordinate onboarding for new team members (facilitate obtaining appropriate systems access, developing training schedules & coordinating precepting & shadowing experiences)
- Collaborate with clinical department leaders & business stakeholders to identify team learning needs
- Undergo cross training in Case Management & Utilization Management concepts & quality oversight (audits)
- Develop interactive educational content (e-learnings, power points & other educational content) using instructional design concepts & adult learning theory principles
- Perform quality audits on Clinical Review team members to assess training effectiveness, UM clinical decision-making, criteria application, & documentation.
- Monitor quality trends to drive quality improvement activities - develop refresher training to address identified gaps.
- Other duties as assigned based on department & organizational needs
- Active & unrestricted RN license in state of residence & willingness to obtain additional state licenses as needed to support Oscar staff in multiple states
- 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse. BSN or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in working, learning, & teaching in a virtual environment using videoconferencing software & other virtual communication tools.
- Computer/tech-savvy- intermediate or advanced skill level in the development & use of spreadsheets, power points, word documents - able to work in multiple systems concurrently
- Masters degree, CCM, or other UM-related certification.
- Experience building or leading a clinical training and/or quality audit program
- 1+ years experience in health insurance utilization management applying MCG criteria & Medicare NCDs/LCDs.
- Health plan or hospital case management experience
- Regulatory or compliance experience - knowledge of NCQA requirements
- Working knowledge of Medicare, individual & small group health plan operations
- Understanding of adult learning theory concepts & instructional design
Life at Oscar:
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.