Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & guide ourselves by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You are passionate about creating products that solve problems for users & their businesses. Youre willing to shut down or let go of solutions that no longer solve the problems of your users & their businesses.
You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, & maintainable code. Youre comfortable working side by side with product managers & designers, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software our users. Youre agile & retrospective, & not afraid to identify what were doing wrong so we can fix it, & what we're doing right so we can improve on it.
Youre committed to continuous learning & you actively work to hone your craft. You understand the importance of receiving & giving feedback. You understand that delivering good consistently & sustainably is better than working in fits & spurts. Work/life balance is important to you & is something youll be an advocate for.
The Internal Products & Services Team enables Pivotal to solve problems that are limiting the success of the companys business. We provide technology, systems, & solutions to allow our employees to work faster, better, & smarter all around the globe. We are a software team, but were also committed to advocating for the best solution, whether that means implementing or building software. We strive for agility, transparency, & transformation in our encounters, while ensuring data responsibility & security are top of mind in every process & interaction.
The majority of your time will be spent pair programming with the developers on your product team. Youll also be collaborating with other developers, product designers, product managers, & Pivots in all functions across the company to identify problems, prioritize them, & validate whether they can & should be solved with software. And we believe in working at a sustainable pace youll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then youre off work to relax, recharge, & refocus.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years experience in a software development or similar role
- Experience in a modern object-oriented language (were liking Kotlin these days)
- Experience with relational database systems (we currently use MySQL & Postgres)
- Believes in the merits of XP - pair programming, test-driven development, & collective ownership
- Eager to learn from & share knowledge with others
- Enjoys analyzing complex problems to find simple solutions
- Excited to work closely with product, design, & users with empathy & kindness
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience building modern web applications (Angular or React)
- Experience with test-driven development & agile methodologies
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers & infrastructure as a service
- Knowledge & experience with building & deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Interested in exploring code architecture
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider you for this role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by applicable law.