Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments & insights to supercharge reading engagement & learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than four years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers & engaged readers are better learners.
Our growing team is looking for a Talent Coordinator to take ownership of a range of HR & recruiting responsibilities, as well as ensure a top notch experience for new hires & employees. This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your experience & play a pivotal role in building out our People organization & initiatives.
- Support interview scheduling for candidates at every level, in our NYC & Mountain View offices.
- Manage the entire new hire on-boarding process, including generating offer letters, processing paperwork & background checks.
- Create a high-quality interview experience for all candidates & hiring managers.
- Manage candidate workflow through Greenhouse (ATS), ensuring timely updates & data quality.
- Create & maintain employee & HR files for accuracy & compliance.
- Execute on employer branding strategy to highlight company culture & employee experience.
- Handle confidential information with complete discretion & professionalism.
- Assist the Chief People Officer with various administrative, HR & ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Ensure our various hiring & employment processes conform with compliance guidelines & industry best practices.
- Create & maintain reports to capture various hiring & employment metrics.
- Serve as a point of contact for various recruiting & HR questions, effectively resolving or escalating as appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ months of related human resources or recruiting experience.
- 1+ year experience working with google platforms & ATS and/or HRMS systems.
- A problem solver, with an eye towards continuous improvement of processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, as well as presentation experience
- Knowledge of various employment laws & HR industry best practices
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.