This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities & duties as assigned and/or necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Builds technology roadmaps which are incorporated into system platforms by working with subject matter experts; collaborating with technical experts & Architects; coordinating the evaluation of Customer & supplier solutions; reviewing & presenting recommendations relative to Customer & supplier solutions & services; & researching & presenting information about new technologies.
- Coordinates system changes with Customers & other system areas by ensuring testing & validation; overseeing upgrades & release schedules for products; evaluating the environment; representing the area on divisional councils; & reviewing changes before & after production installations.
Ensures Customer service levels by aligning Customer needs with supplier & infrastructure team capabilities; driving issue resolution to root cause; driving Customers & suppliers to resolve issues related to products in accordance with service level agreements; ensuring issues are documented; leading escalation procedures; & managing Customer expectations.
- Leads team tasks by making assignments to team members; reporting updates on projects; tracking & reporting time spent on projects; substituting for manager in manager's absence (for example, leading team meetings); assisting in the resolution of team conflicts; developing written & oral presentations for diverse audiences (for example, management, customers, suppliers, technical staff); participating in budgeting for the team (for example, acquire supplier maintenance quotes, resource projections, create capital expenditure request (CER)); holding team members accountable for compliance with standards; & recognizing team accomplishments.
- Leads the development of system solutions, within the guidelines identified in the Information Systems Development Life Cycle (ISDLC), that have high availability & scalability consistent with Customer needs by setting technical direction; collaborating with technical experts & architects; ensuring requirements are met to support implementations; ensuring development of system documentation; & leading solution reviews.
- Mentors & develops Associates by assigning specific work to develop particular knowledge areas; helping Associates with technical competencies; teaching technologies through informal & formal mentorship both inside & outside the team; providing technical expertise through multiple methods (for example, town halls, classrooms, collaboration sites); & providing subject matter expertise for applications & infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans by providing expert advice & guidance to others in the application of information & best practices; supporting & aligning efforts to meet customer & business needs; & building commitment for perspectives & rationales.
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships & partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining & carrying out necessary processes & practices; monitoring progress & results; recognizing & capitalizing on improvement opportunities; & adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, & new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity by incorporating these into the development & implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; & demonstrating & assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes & practices.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer/Member Centered: Meet Internal & External Customer/Member Needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations, & needs of customers/members. Supports & aligns with initiatives, goals, & actions focused on improving customer/member service. Addresses the concerns & issues of internal & external customers/members. Uses customer/member data, analyses, & insights to improve customer/member-related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate Professional Judgment - Researches & integrates relevant information & data, & uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies & applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities & making decisions. Uses business measures & analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes & looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems & identify possible solutions.
- Execution & Results: Focus on Execution & Results - Aligns & pursues work activities to achieve the mission & business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, & resources across functions, organizations, & locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes & tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses & explains major process steps to manage time, resources, & challenges to meet goals.
- Planning & Improvement: Plan for & Improve Performance - Develops & implements plans, practices, & processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develops contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies & recommends ways to continually improve & streamline processes & practices.
- Influence & Communicate: Build Influence - Develops & presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives & initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information & timely updates with appropriate people. Listens attentively & asks questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for & prepares documents & presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics & Compliance: Model Ethics & Compliance - Complies with policies & procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies & procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt Professionally - Demonstrates creativity & strength in the face of change, obstacles, & adversity. Adapts to competing demands & shifting priorities. Updates & shares knowledge & skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change & supports its implementation.
- Build Relationships: Form Relationships - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships & alliances across functional & organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting & respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, & functional areas to discover new perspectives.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters & locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small or large groups & individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Bachelor of Science & 4 years systems engineering experience OR Master of Science & 3 years systems engineering experience OR PhD OR 6 years of experience.