Bonobos is seeking a stellar Technical Design Manager who can jump right in & own specific categories within our expanding brand portfolio.
We are a rapidly growing brand, expanding into all product categories & developing new product lines. This role is essential to the success of our brand, as fit & quality are integral to our continued growth. You will be deep in the trenches of executing fit & design intent into development & bulk production, while maintaining our quality & production standards. You will develop & maintain fit protocol & standards for Bonobos & manage bi-weekly fittings across specific product categories. You will partner with our Production, Merchandising & Design teams in managing timelines, aesthetic, & quality of product.
What you'll do...
- Manage styles in your product categories through all stages: from initial development through bulk production
- Maintain daily communication with your product vendors
- Work closely with Design, Production, & Merchandising teams to develop new styles each season
- Conduct fittings,troubleshoot fit issues,and communicate all fit, construction, grade, & detail issues to vendors in a timely manner
- Manage the development & maintenance ofspecs, grades, fit comments, & other relevant info in our PLM system
- Develop & maintain consistent grade rules within product categories
- Review PP & TOP samples to insure bulk garments are consistent with original development
- Have 5-6 years of experience in technical design
- Possess a working knowledge of patterns, pattern making, & garment construction, with experience in communicating pattern & construction corrections
- Can communicate with offshore vendors in a timely, friendly, & efficient manner
- Have the chops to measure out samples, update tech packs & send out feedback after fittings
- Are crazy organized with strongfollow-up skills,ability to maintain calendar dates & track samples
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude & sense of humor
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy, & positive energy, often over experience
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also highly value personal downtime
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, & awesome coworkers
- Care deeply about high-quality design & creating a high-performing business, & see the two as completely intertwined
- Are excited to hear from you!