As a Customer Success Operations Engineer, you will help to empower the Customer Success team, giving them the tools to help minimize churn, to maximize expansion, & to deliver value to Sumo Logics end users.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. You enjoy task automation & optimization of workflows & processes. You can point out inefficiencies & are constantly innovating solutions.
In this role, you will be interfacing with the leaders of the various teams within the Customer Success organization. This is an ideal role for prior engineers looking to move from development into a more strategic role or for operation analysts who have been taking coding classes on the side.
- Interface with key stakeholders, gather requirements, & translate that into design.
- Run scoping exercises to determine the level of effort for internal projects.
- Develop & build tools/automation to help the Customer Success team continuously improve & operate efficiently.
- Brainstorm & build on new ideas to improve existing operational infrastructure.
- Integrate data sources & correlate events written to Sumo Logics service logs to help identify possible risk and/or growth opportunities.
- Triage & execute requests given from various members of the organization in relation to issues in infrastructure.
- Plan & coordinate cross-functional projects with Sales, Marketing, & Product that lead to an improvement in the overall customer experience.
- 3+ years experience working in a DevOps/Operations type of role
- Ability to script in one or more scripting languages
- Experience utilizing query languages within databases or Business Intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of how to maintain & deploy to a Kubernetes cluster.
- Previous experience with Linux.
- Ability to prioritize tasks while being able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working cross functionally among different teams to help the greater organization.
- Experience with enterprise log management/SIEM products similar to Sumo Logic.
- Proficiency in Python, JAVA & SQL.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider(s).