As part of our Legal Team, the Senior Commercial Counsel will be the lead attorney for our fast growing enterprise business, while also overseeing a wide range of commercial, technology, privacy & other complex matters across various business lines. You will have the opportunity to work closely with business leads throughout the organization on creating the legal machinery necessary for Knotel to continue scaling at a rapid pace in the US & internationally.
What Youll Do
- Provide practical legal advice to business functions in the US & internationally, with an emphasis on sales, operations, marketing, product, & commercial transactions generally.
- Collaborate in the continuing development of a scalable business-centric machine to draft, negotiate & administer various enterprise sales, partnerships, vendor, licensing, & other complex agreements, using your experience to help define business terms & structure deals in a way that drives Knotel's growth.
- Advise various Knotel teams on a full range of issues related to commercial contracting, software licensing, intellectual property, privacy, & data security, including compliance with domestic & international laws.
- Counsel & educate teams on negotiation best practices, commercial implications & legal risks across various business lines
- Develop, implement & manage contract & document management strategies (including leveraging smart contract & related technology) that provide critical business intelligence to the organization.
- Analyzing & leveraging data to increase efficiency across various legal workstreams.
- Work closely with the General Counsel in developing long-term strategies & goals for Knotels global legal operations.
- Adapt existing approaches for Knotels continued rapid international expansion.
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit & product driven mindset. Youre excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business & this role is exciting to you because you want to build & improve internal process, policies & products at high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgement & ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis & decision-making. Youre detail-oriented, excel at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly & persuasively, & are able to prioritize & re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- Have at least 5-7 years experience in commercial & technology transactions, including litigation exposure, ideally at a top law firm & in-house.
- Experience with real estate matters is a plus but not required
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school & exceptional academic credentials
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York