Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Senior Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Senior Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win & product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, & offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Senior Solutions Engineer is both highly technical & a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
This position reports to the Head of Sales Engineering Asia & Japan & will be based in our Singapore or Hong Kong office.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 7+ years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate & creative problem solver with know how to get things done & ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator & presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customers communications needs & guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) & cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, & Security experience is a plus.
- Built Apps based on Twilio APIs, a big plus
Twilio Senior Solution Engineers get to live our values every day.
- Draw the owl
- Build & present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot & Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Be humble
- Quickly learn new products & new technologies
- Empower others
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize & plan for deal success
- Educate & mentor customers & colleagues
Solution Engineers play a major role in Twilios sales organization & are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products & technology. SEs help customers achieve success by leading the technical & product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, & guiding them on how to use Twilios APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, & skill. The Twilio Solution Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful WeWork co-working space in Causeway Bay in Hong Kong. You will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, weekly team lunch, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.