A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storageand reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. Weve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store & retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, & deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industrys first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, & a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, & talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, & user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, weve become a top-5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, & expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, & change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
- Help bolster systems that dynamically respond to load, usage & event processing.
- Identify, monitor, & help fix performance & quality bottlenecks across the whole stack.
- Working with infrastructure as code via ansible/terraform
- Working with containerization within a kubernetes ecosystem
- Working with CI/CD tools & build pipelines
- Create & maintain developer tooling to minimize errors & maximize reuse.
- Own deployment tooling to maximize speed & frequency of releases.
- Expand on internal developer tooling & documentation
- An undergraduate degree in computer science or relevant engineering or ops experience.
- Cloud computing experience, preferably AWS, including AWS value added services in addition to basic compute/db resources. Bare metal experience also a plus
- Deep experience with Github, CI tools like Jenkins & CM tools like Chef, Ansible.
- You continually learn & strive towards being the best software engineer you can be.
- Experience with an agile release schedule in a CD environment.
- Someone who is comfortable walking the line between techops & developer productivity tooling.
- You have proven understanding & competence building systems & automation with tools like bash, Python, Ruby, or Java.
- Bonus points if you have experience running containers or Kubernetes in production.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach & step outside of your comfort zone.
Our existing tech stack is a React & Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services thats deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS & using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
- Beautiful office in Lower Manhattan with massive outdoor spaces for lunch, work, & play :)
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.