Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds. Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
As the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, you will report directly to the CFO & will lead financial forecasting & planning, contributing to the strategic direction & management of a rapidly growing, pre-IPO technology company. Providing leadership, business analysis & reporting, you will work collaboratively with senior management to project, analyze & report financial results, analyze investment opportunities & participate in decisions that will drive the continued success of the company.
- Drive the annual budgeting process
- Report & analyze business metrics & KPIs
- Develop presentations & analytical material to be presented to senior management, the Board of Directors & investors
- Assess & analyze progress of business initiatives, report results, recommend course corrections where appropriate
- Develop & maintain projection models
- Analyze sales productivity, revenue growth & retention, unit economics, & margins
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, investments, partnerships, process improvement programs & research various industry/company trends
- Develop & maintain estimates of total addressable market; track competitors & peers
- Develop methodologies, dashboards & models for budgeting & reporting
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team on a variety of initiatives, including, but not limited to, the monthly close process, quote to cash process, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field of study from a top tier institution; MBA preferred
- 8+ years experience in FP&A and/or relevant professional industry experience
- Understanding of financial statements & accounting concepts, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Understanding of business performance metrics, including SaaS metrics
- High proficiency in financial analysis methods, tools & concepts to prepare forecasts, cash flows & perform analyses
- Strong statistical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Sharp attention to detail & ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Expert ability with Excel
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership & partnering skills, including success in influencing outside of direct reporting line
- Versatility, flexibility & a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.