About the team
The Harrys Marketing team comprises an Innovation team (focused on mens care categories beyond shave), an Insights team, an in-house Creative team, a PR, Social & Partnerships team & a Brand Marketing team (focused on our core shave business), this role sits within the latter. The Harrys Marketing team also works closely with Shopper Marketing (which reports in to the retail sales team) & the acquisition & email marketing teams (which report in to the direct-to-consumer team that drives sales for H.com).
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned marketer, who has a passion for systematically building great brands. The person in the role drives the creation of the shave business & plan, forming the growth strategy, the sources of growth & the accompanying projects to meet those plans. Were looking for someone who loves understanding business drivers, working with people from different teams across the organization, & mobilizing an organization to execute growth. You will live & breathe our brand & business, & help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, & advocate for us.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Maintain a consistent & robust understanding of the brands & businesses that are vying for our target consumers mindshare & walletin the shaving aisle, mens care category, & out in the world at large
- Be the internal expert on guys, masculinity broadly, & male brands
- Be on the look-out for whats newand analyze opportunities & threats we may encounter
Day to day Brand Management
- Input in to forecasting of existing products & lead forecasting for new commercial product offerings with sales channels & Sales Operations to ensure accurate forecasting methodology, sales targets & key forecasting dates are met.
- Manage SKU assortment for shave products (evergreen SKUs, giftsets, holiday, sampling etc) & discontinuation plans
- Ensures proper collection & monitoring of data to assess ongoing performance & KPI tracking
Growth Strategy & Planning
- Understand the external environment (competitive & market) & identify new sources of opportunity
- Work with the H.com team & the retail shopper marketing team to understand the channel needs, their key milestones & what it will take for all marketing projects to be ROI+ for our sales channel partners.
- Anticipate future trends to engage & delight consumers
- Seek understanding of fundamental human needs & behaviors
- Interrogate data to identify core business levers
- Balance facts with intuition to distill complex opportunities into compelling business cases
- Understand the operational fundamentals of our direct to consumer & retail businesses
- Leverage financial rigor to prioritize & allocate resources effectively
- Deploy discipline & process to improve impact & speed to market
- Measure financial & equity impact of plans
- Persuade & inspire others (creative team, internal cross functional partners) to create belief
- Represent whats best for the brand across conversations with competing needs (be it within marketing, or across functional groups internally)
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness, build H to be a brand that matters
- Understand other team's needs & interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate.
- To be old school about it, we need someone to nurture commercial solutions for the consumer across all Ps product innovation within our existing categories, package innovation, price strategy & promotional efforts.
- Lead the planning, organizing, & management of resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals & objectives.
- Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines & delivery calendars, risk/issues reports to Brand Director.
- Support the Brand Director in defining Harrys brand narrative, lead the development of brand communication calendar so we know the arc of the 12-18 months ahead & what steps we'll take with comms along the way.
- Develop resonant, relevant & meaningful briefs that can excite & energize the creative team.
- Manage a connection agency to ensure optimal impact is achieved in market.
- Nurture a high quality relationship with in-house creative to provide them with guidance, partnership & inspiration.
- Analyze post-campaign performance & assesses learnings to report ROI & direct future campaign planning
This should describe you:
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points & insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when thinking conceptually & then tying insights & recommendations to tactics
- You are passionate about systematically propelling a brand forward
- You believe that resonant & relevant brands can drive business growth
- You pride yourself in your creativity & expansive thinking
- You find pleasure in systems, frames, & logic that make the complex easy to navigate & understand
- You love thinking about whats best for real world peoplebut similarly what can propel a brand & a business forward
- You have a passion for understanding business drivers & executing against them
- You are a feeler, & can be the emotional balance to others within the organization
- You nerd-out on all things brand related
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize & synthesize complex inputs
- You get energized by working with people of all different expertise
- You love when brands do great things in the world
- You major in empathy
Harrys started as a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave.Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. As we grow our opportunities to communicate with potential customers increase, but with those opportunities comes increased complexity & a heightened need to be thoughtful as we extend. Ensuring we continue to push our thinking, strive for innovation, all while protecting the charm of our brand that has so successfully resonated to date.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.