About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Our people are our strategic advantage here at Pivotal & our People (Human Resources) teams around the world partner with the business to drive execution of our companys priorities with a focus on employee engagement, continuous learning & development & happiness. Working on the People team at Pivotal means being part of a global team that helps drive our business forward each & every day in truly special & impactful ways.
Are you ready to join our amazing team?
Pivotal has created the new role of Global Mobility & Immigration Specialist in response to our rapid global growth. This role, in partnership with our People business partners & Global Mobility team, will be responsible for facilitating Pivotals current domestic & international Mobility & Immigration program & supporting global foreign nationals with all aspects of the immigration process. This role will also be responsible for maintaining & forging relationships with new partners/vendors & delivering the operational processes, programs & policies to support & execute on Pivotals global talent strategy.
This individual contributor will be a consultant to the business & provide advice & support for all Global Mobility & Immigration related services as needed.
Job responsibilities include:
- Developing & maintaining strong working relationships with worldwide HR & business leadership across all geographies as Mobility & Immigration knowledge center
- Providing support & counsel to employees, managers & the People team regarding policies & procedures related to relocation, immigration, employment, & international tax matters
- Maintain relationships with global mobility vendors to achieve timely resolution of complex assignment issues; partner with service providers to coordinate & facilitate relocation & immigration processes & ensure an excellent experience for every relocating employee
- Develop & maintain strong working relationships with worldwide HR & business leadership across all geographies as Mobility knowledge center
- Consult with & educate managers & business leaders on global mobility, immigration, & relocation policies to ensure consistent & applicable relocation support benefits are offered
- Provide subject matter expertise & ensure company compliance with appropriate regulations/guidelines
- Analyze unique assignment situations & provide timely, cost effective solutions, while maintaining consistency, adhering to policy guidelines & ensuring a positive solution for the employee
- Partner with external vendors to prepare feasibility & cost analysis for each global mobility request, obtain approvals, & track all global assignments
- Coordinate employment tax services & filing requirements in coordination with the outside tax advisor
- Manage multiple simultaneous relocation & immigration processes to provide seamless services to assignees & their families in coordination with the selected assignment relocation partner
- Manage payroll updates in partnership with the local payroll provider
- Monitor all active global assignments, research & address/resolve complex assignment issues, including immigration escalations; identify & communicate service resolution to all parties
- Involvement with policy development & interpretation; provide counseling relative to policies to employees at all levels, (up to & including executive level) on a worldwide basis
- Identify opportunities for program design or process enhancements & assist with implementing improvements
- Maintain proper infrastructure & data analytics to ensure visibility on program spend, employee satisfaction & quality assurance
- Partner with Legal, Tax, Finance, HR & line management to influence & drive decisions, manage global assignments, relocations & immigration cases
- Assisting with the operation of Pivotals domestic & international immigration program
- Assisting foreign nationals with immigration procedures, answering inquiries & educating on immigration related information
- Liaising with foreign national population & partner law firms to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes for both the employee & the company
- Ensuring all filings, including applications for visas & work permits, are completed accurately & in a timely manner, in partnership with external counsel
- Monitor active immigration cases, research & address/resolve complex assignment issues, including escalations; identify & communicate service resolution to all parties
- Assist with the development of Pivotals global immigration program by collecting internal feedback & external market trends; recommend & assist with implementation of strategic & operational program changes
- Assist with initiatives to enhance Pivotals immigration program, drive efficiencies, & identify creative solutions to meet the needs of a rapidly increasing global & mobile employee base.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic & rapidly changing global organization
- Expertise with influencing & managing change within a corporate setting
- Strong proficiency in Google applications (gmail, docs, etc.)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including the ability to empathize with employees
- Comfort with ambiguity & ability to use sound judgment to drive complex issues to resolution
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to handle highly confidential information; This role requires the ability to interact confidentially & professionally with all levels of the organization
- A true passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Knowledge of & sensitivity to country norms, global cultures & practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize & manage multiple tasks concurrently with emphasis on attention to detail
- A high level of professionalism, maturity, & flexibility are required for consultations & issue resolution at varying times during the day (including evening or early mornings)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Human Resources with at least 2 years in Global Mobility/Relocation management, US Global Immigration, Expatriate Taxation/Consulting services and/ or HR business partner
- Strong financial aptitude to understanding complex budgeting & tax information; experience working for global tax provider on Mobility related cases is a plus
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.