Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Payroll Specialist, reporting directly to the Payroll Manager will be responsible for executing & communicating the administrative aspects of the payroll processes for the associated DC. You will be responsible for supporting the DC in all areas related to payroll. You will
- Execute cyclical processing, auditing procedures, & compliance monitoring for payroll & timekeeping
- Document processes, audit procedures, & proofs so that all variations in pay & time submissions are justified in the event of a robust internal or external audit
- Ensure that no pay variation is left unexplained or unjustified
- Regularly & proactively communicate status to stakeholders, escalating any issues as appropriate to your supervisor & vendor partners
- Meet internal timelines & support internal processes for new site openings, integrations, etc.
- Proactively work with key stakeholders & HR on any changes, support needed
- Communicate expectations to vendors effectively, escalate issues as appropriate
- Provide input on effective practices & continuous process improvement; & facilitate new program or practice development & implementation.
- Partner with our distribution center operations for processes & procedures to ensure accurate & timely submission of timecards & tracking hourly incentives for payroll
- Support organizational accountability for submitting necessary data for time keeping & payroll processing
- Input & process all manual punches (missed punches)
- Investigate & review all pay related claims, PTO requests & leave balance inquiries
- Communicate all deadlines, compliance requirements & application updates for reporting
- Proactively provide updates to process changes; coach & train the DC level HR Team on payroll procedural changes.
- Reconcile daily payroll reporting for shift & punch comparisons
- Communicate effectively with cross functional partners, departments & DC leadership
- People Advocate + Culture Curator: your passion for solving people problems & dedication to delivering a positive employee experience make you an awesome ambassador for our culture & team
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Service Oriented: you love helping your fellow colleagues more, taking pride from delivering excellent customer service to your stakeholders & employees
- Results-driven: you enjoy grinding away at issues & brainstorming creative methods for problem-solving
- Interpersonal: you're intuitive, engaging, & outgoing; you're engaging & instantly connect with people
- Flexible: you thrive in autonomous environments with high growth & don't get overwhelmed easily
- Embrace Ambiguity: if there is not a clear path, you thrive & get excited from the path you can forge
- Self-starter but collaborator, independently motivated, leads oneself, works cross functionally, & embraces stakeholder management
- Professional: you have a high level of integrity & handle confidential information with tact
At a minimum, you have
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience in multi-state payroll processes supporting a large non-exempt workforce
- 3 years of Human Resources experience with a minimum of 1 year of related experience managing multi-state payroll 2,000 employees (non-exempt & exempt)
- Ability to multitask using analytical & problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, & ability to analyze/interpret data
- Strong attention to detail & good editing skills
- Must demonstrate superior judgment & discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong communication skills that enable clarity & business action between technical payroll & timekeeping items to non-payroll employees
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vest immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.