We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of around 80,000 restaurants worldwide, 28 million app downloads & present in 22 countries around the globe.
TheFork connects restaurants & diners.
Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through Tripadvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online.
TheFork team aims to inspire & enable people to confidently discover, experience & share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business & how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers & our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
What you will do:
Your role as the Senior Staff Accountant based in London will support the global finance function with a focus on German, Austrian & UK markets, & will be reporting into the Senior Accountant.
Your duties will include (but not limited to):
- Be responsible for the month end close process, including journal posting, internal reporting & analysis of our German & Austrian subsidiaries
- Bank account reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Payroll accounting
- Preparation of the Annual Statutory accounts & assist in the year end audit process
- Ensure compliance with local GAAP principles
- Ad hoc accounting tasks or projects
- Spot errors & suggest ways to improve efficiency & spending
- Provide accounting support to the teams based in Germany & Austria
Who you are:
- Degree qualified & either studying towards your professional qualification (in final stages) or newly qualified
- 4 years+ accounting experience, ideally in a fast-paced finance department
- German speaker
- Proven strong reconciliations abilities (essential)
- Solid analytical & PC skills (Advanced MS Office Excel user)
- Knowledge of Workday Financials a plus
- High attention to detail
- Resourceful & hard worker
- Process driven
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal)
- Team Player
- A can do attitude
What we offer:
- Permanent contract
- Competitive fixed & variable salary
- Wellness / Fitness reimbursement
- Private Healthcare Insurance (General health - Dental care - Accident insurance)
- Full access to the E-learning business platform
- Employee Assistance Program
If you are the right person & you are thrilled to join TheFork dont miss this chance & apply. We look forward to meeting you!