At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on manager who wants to revolutionize transportation. The Senior Operations Manager will own operations strategy, planning, analytics, & execution for Lyft Bikes & Scooters in New York City as part of the Citi Bike team. Youre someone who can dive into the details (build an overall financial, revenue opportunity sizing, operations model to improve service quality, etc.) but can also manage other teams & resources to do the same to execute on a vision & hit performance targets through performance management, process improvements / operational excellence initiatives, etc.
As a Senior Operations Manager, you will report to the General Manager for New York City & New Jersey, & work together to shape the vision & execution for the Lyft Bikes & Scooters ongoing operations, as well as a contribute to success & learnings in additional markets, through the contribution to playbooks, organization capabilities, & advising with on-the-ground execution.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Achieve growth goals through both analytical understanding of targets & performance - members, rides, frequency of ridership, service levels, etc. - & ability to implement across the organization & with vendors (marketing, service delivery, etc.)
- Help identify & drive P&L priorities around both top-line growth & cost efficiencies & reductions
- Create playbooks, metrics & contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Synthesize market feedback & recommendations for other business, product, & engineering teams
- Liaise with our public relations & government relations teams to address market-specific issues
- Liaise with government partners on ongoing operations topics & issues
- Build, maintain & monitor reports, dashboards, & metrics to evaluate performance
- 8+ years of experience, in roles with a strategy & operations focus
- MBA or equivalent problem-solving background in analytics, strategy consulting, etc. preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience building from scratch, working cross-functionally, & managing people & processes
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional team (e.g., strategy, operations, product / engineering, marketing, data science, etc.)
- Quantitative by nature & obsessed with process improvement
- Role is based in New York City with limited travel to other markets, when required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.