Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers will love.
As the Manager of our Decision Science & Analytics team, you will join a growing Data & Analytics organization that partners with decision-makers across the organization to catalyze business growth by providing insightful & actionable analysis, insights & data products. The D&A team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including user data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, upper-funnel marketing data, trust & safety data, & operational/infrastructure data.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide team leadership & management for Analysts & Business Partners on our Decision Science & Analytics team, which partners with every other part of DigitalOcean to provide reporting, measurement, & insights, as well as quantitative support for long-term strategic projects
- Manage curation & expansion of our centralized business intelligence platform (Looker), ensuring a standard analytical lens, unified data modeling layer, & experience optimized for self-service of end users with basic data retrieval needs
- Manage & align team & individual priorities, in order to most effectively support quarterly business objectives, while also maintaining bandwidth for interrupt-driven requests as well as proactive insight generation
- Maintain strong relationships with stakeholders across the organization to drive consistent process for inbound requests, & a higher degree of actionability & impact resulting from reactive work
- Manage working relationship with the Data Engineering team, ensuring short-term needs are met while helping craft long-term information design & data warehousing objectives
- Empower individual team members to both deepen & broaden their skills through growth opportunities that align with their goals
What We'll Expect from You:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; MBA a plus
- Experience in a quantitative analytics role, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Experience managing business intelligence / analytics teams, preferably structured as a centralized or consulting resource
- Experience facilitating efficient partnerships between analysts & business decision-makers across different functions
- Hands-on experience analyzing, managing & modeling high volumes of data spanning multiple systems for multiple purposes in a dynamic environment
- Experience managing effective relationships between business intelligence / analytics teams with related data engineering teams / resources
- Track record of effectively evangelizing a data-driven culture across business units, focused on actionability & impact
- Ability to simultaneously manage longer-term projects as well as delivery of interrupt-driven reactive analysis across team members
- Proactive communication skills & track record of setting & executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Experience managing a portfolio of easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards & reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), & ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience integrating & managing data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau) spanning multiple groups of end users
- Bonus: Prior experience with Python and/or statistical modeling tools such as R or Matlab
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department:Data & Analytics