Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Project Manager to guide IT department initiatives to help Twilio grow. You will be working alongside IT & cross-functional team managers to deftly identify dependencies & risks, resolve blockers, communicate status to all levels of the business & champion Twilios project management best practices. Reporting to the manager of the Technical Services Project Management Office (PMO), this position is critical & will support Twilios global growth efforts.
Twilio is looking for a project management professional who lives the Twilio Magic & also has a demonstrated track record of managing projects for fast-moving organizations. They also have:
- 6+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in an agile development environment & leading agile teams is a plus
- Experienced communicator & able to collaborate with diverse sets of technical, non-technical, on-site, & remote people across different teams & business functions
- Experience collaborating with third party vendors & geographically diverse teams to achieve successful results
- Technical experience & expertise sufficient to understand higher-level technical problems being solved
- Experience in spotting blockers & dependency problems in advance of impact & moving solutions for these blockers forward
- Ability to look through an Agile lens to determine what tasks can be delivered first to provide the largest value up front & also phase efforts as needed
- Motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, & actions. Take ownership of situations that youre involved in.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
- Masters degree is a plus
As a Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Clearly & concisely document all project inputs & outputs & provide key findings & project/program summaries to internal stakeholders. Discern & identify hidden requirements that will impact risk or dependencies during planning, design, & implementation.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for operational improvement within Technology Services & drive solution definition.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Enroll teams in change initiatives & lead them through with little disruption. Lead or assist in defining a projects clear path forward with the right stakeholders. Proactively identify & clearly communicate messages & updates regarding blockers, dependencies, risks, & current status to all stakeholders for IT projects, including escalating through levels of management when necessary.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact across multiple functional teams within Technical Services by removing roadblocks & enabling project team members to do their best work.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Listen closely to deeply understand business problems & solve the problems from the customers perspective.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help Tech Services become a trusted business partner by building trust through every interaction with fellow Twilions.
The Project Management team is central to Tech Services work execution function. We champion the repeatable mechanism for project work that keeps teams collaborating & working toward a shared vision. We continuously improve our project transparency, communication across teams, & the processes for prioritization & resource allocation within the Tech Services department. We incrementally create value for Tech Services & Twilio by strategically addressing our most difficult problems in a thoughtful manner & delivering high-quality projects.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.