Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Cloud Engineering team at Visa is driving an exciting transformation for internal Visa product development teams building a Cloud that allow them to build apps using principles of Cloud-Native, DevOps & Continuous Delivery. The Cloud is a complex offering supporting multiple providers, database/middleware products & security standards required by organization. The Cloud is offered via an intuitive self-service portal & RESTful API & ever expanding to newer capabilities like containers.
The Senior Director of Cloud Platform will lead the design, development, operationalization & support of cloud platforms to enable application teams on their journey to cloud-native modernization.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA)
- Developing and/or supporting cloud-native 12-factor applications preferred
- The build out & management of Application PaaS systems preferred
- Demonstrable ability & desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced environment
- Support infrastructure around infrastructure automation (Chef preferred)
- Deploying applications to private and/or public cloud
- Knowledge of Cloud concepts, especially IaaS/PaaS & exposure virtualization technology
- Strong knowledge of Microservices, OO Design Patterns, TDD, Continuous Delivery
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks (AngularJS, NodeJS) & experience leading an engineering team building user interfaces.
- The build out & management of enterprise grade container infrastructure preferred (Kubernetes ecosystem or equivalent)
1. Engage proactively with Cloud product & program management to:
- Identify requirements for platform specifically for self-service workflows & CI/CD
- Prototype, build out & alpha/beta test solutions with a fast feedback loop
- Set up documentation & reporting around platform usage & support
- Scope, size & prioritize team work
2. Work with Cloud infrastructure & operations team to:
- Perform POC's on vendor products & define standards
- Capture, design & build requirements from operations teams for platform support
3. DevOps ownership includes managing end to end operations for (but not limited to):
- Self-service portal that allow developers to consume Cloud
- Container CI/CD platform that adheres to platform & security standards defined by organization
- IaaS management for one or more providers
4. Recruit, mentor & manage an agile engineering team:
- Asses & build a global presence as needed
- Identify & fill in implementation & support gaps
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.