At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade distribution tools for creators & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools that enable creators to connect with their audience, whether it be through the Vimeo video player or by publishing to other social platforms.
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch.
- A/B test new features, analyze their results, & release improvements iteratively.
- Sculpt the architectural vision for significant parts of our stack to allow for rapid iteration & long-term stability.
- Work closely with other engineers on the team to aid in their technical growth.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Can design & implement systems with clarity, reusability, testability, & scalability in mind
- Extensive experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc.)
- An intimate knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.) & data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests for complex systems to ensure continued & measurable stability
- Can collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Organized & have the ability to break up projects into manageable pieces & complete them with limited compromises by the established deadline
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently & can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of visual designs
- Experience mentoring members of your teams through architectural guidance & thorough code reviews
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience building products across multiple platforms, including, but not limited to, Android, iOS, web, tvOS, & desktop
- Experience with the React framework
- Experience working with Restful APIs