Glossiers mission to democratize beauty is brought to life visually & in words by the Creative team. We communicate that mission through curated campaigns & IRL experiences to create a visual dialogue of what Glossier looks & feels like.
The Creative team is looking for a Design Lead to manage print collateral, brand visual growth, & creation of supporting content. The Design Lead will be responsible for maintaining a comprehensive understanding of company strategy & brand goals, keeping the brand moving forward & working collaboratively with cross-functional partners in Marketing, Digital Product, & Retail teams.
We are looking for a proactive, self-motivated, & details-obsessed candidate with solid design, typography & branding skills; someone that is eager to take on new challenges, introduce & implement new approaches & ideas, grow, test & learn.
You could say our team functions like an internal incubatora hub of talent including creative direction, content, production, visual merchandising & designthat works collectively to build the future beauty company. Our approach is inclusive, discerning, & above all personal.
6 Month Expectations
- Develop worlds & style guides for brand experiences, generating original concepts with a fresh visual approach to design & materials
- Owns all shipping materials (shippers, tape, fill, inserts) & how the Glossier brand shows up physically at a customers doorstep
- Develop design system for all video content (title cards & motion graphics)
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing, Art Director, & Production to concept, layout & execute out of home & brand awareness campaigns
- Ensure that Glossiers established look-and-feel & voice is successfully implemented across all print collateral by overseeing design & development of all pieces
12 Month Expectations:
- Constantly maintains & enforces brand guidelines (typography, materials, color palettes) for general Glossier & product collections across all touch points, updating & refining as we continue to grow into new markets, partnerships, etc.
- Partner with Tech leads to ensure brand is consistent across full customer journey
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to oversee brand look & feel throughout all channels (i.e., Always On videos, Social, etc)
- Work closely within the Creative team: partnering with art directors, copywriters, producers, & managing designers across multiple focuses, providing direction & inspiration
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10 years full-time, professional design experience, preferably with print & brand development background & preferably in beauty, fashion or a similar innovative, high-energy field
- BA or similar degree in Graphic Design or related field
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Exceptional type & design skills a must
- Strong project management & organization skills
- Based in New York, NY or willing to relocate
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination