Thrillist is looking for a passionate & entrepreneurial Commerce Editor to add to our growing team. Once hired, the successful applicant will be responsible for creating & editing content, including product reviews, gift guides, & trend pieces, that harnesses the expertise of the Thrillist brand in order to provide insight to (and continue to build) our audience.
Role And Responsibilities
The Commerce Editor will employ the Thrillist voice to create content that highlights shoppable products & services within core coverage categories, including gift guides, comprehensive product reviews, personality-driven recommendations, & more. The Commerce Editor will be responsible for creating & editing content that meets the style & quality standards of Thrillist. The Commerce Editor will report into the lead Commerce Editor & assist in ideating new content concepts by harnessing data-driven insights. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the intersection of content & commerce, with the creative skills to create content thats engaging, actionable, and, above all, that fits within the editorial tone & quality of Thrillist.
The Commerce Writer will be responsible for writing & editing a high volume of content. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for drafting & editing content for a variety of platforms & assisting the lead Commerce Editor on larger projects in order to optimize the growth of the affiliate business & serve a variety of company initiatives.
- Working directly with the lead Commerce Editor to produce full-length product reviews, buying guides, & comparisons
- Drafting, editing, & posting affiliate content on a variety of platforms
- Editing content for tone, consistency, & clarity
- Working collaboratively with our lead Commerce Editor to ideate & execute larger commerce initiatives
- Onboarding new freelancers as needed
- Staying on top of nascent consumer trends & product categories in order to best serve the growing Thrillist Shopping audience
- 3+ years in an editor position with experience in a commerce-oriented role
- Comfort using data to drive product selection & content decisions
- Proficiency with content analytics programs (Google Analytics, SEMRush, Parse.ly) & SEO best practices
- Strong writing, research, copywriting, & copyediting skills, with a track record of producing high-quality content
- Passion for, & expertise in, travel, dining, & entertainment. A critical & incisive eye for great deals & hidden gems.
- Entrepreneurial spirit & the desire to help build an important internal content business with ambitious goals
- Accountable for growth & the ability to work independently
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nines mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, July 2019], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen, July 2019]. Audiences spend nearly 50 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; POPSUGAR, the leading digital lifestyle brand for women; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lion, Critics Choice, among others