About the company
Boxed is the easiest & modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
The Web & Tools development team is responsible for designing & building innovative & core functionality features to serve our own mobile products as well as other front end systems. Engineers on this team must work cross-functionally & touch nearly every part of the codebase to ensure the platform is scalable, robust & easy-to-use.
Presently, we are looking to add experienced Front-End Engineers to this team, specialising in either/both Web & Tools development. These positions will report into our San Mateo, CA & NYC offices. The ideal candidates will know how to interact with Restful API, Redux & GraphQL, & will have a strong understanding of building pipelines, & tools like Webpack 5, Babel - NPM, etc. All this applies to the Web development & Tools development teams, however, in addition the Tools team requires engineers who have a deep understanding of Front-end forms & browser events also.
You will have:
- Full stack engineering experience, with strong system fundamentals, plus strong track record within the Front-end Web and/or Tools development space
- Strong knowledge base & experience with React, Node JS, Redux (especially for Web development) & GraphQL
- Need to have a high understanding of React in its core package (especially for the client-facing Web team, strong understanding of these components, & React work flows, will be essential)
- Strong understanding of build pipelines & tools like Webpack 5, Babel, NPM, etc., as well as data structures & libraries
- Strong understanding of and/or experience with unit testing & test-driven development
- Overall strong capability in all aspects of benchmarking, optimization & testing
- Strong ability in researching new technologies & methodologies - ideally forward thinking & dedicated to improving architecture, improving workflow development, etc.
- Experience with multi-tenant SaaS, i.e. someone who has worked with core technologies that have been pushed out to a multi-tenant space (preferred)
- Experience doing internationalization on the front-end (nice to have)
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team that touches many parts of the core systems at Boxed.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development (Full stack, with focus on Front-end)
- A willingness to share experience with others, & collaborate with others
- A passion for code quality & adherence to standards
- Excellent communications skills, with willingness to share ideas
- Keen eye for details & quality at both the code level & the overall application UX (Web & Tools).
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, weekly company-wide events, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!