BuzzFeed is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help build features & improve our Ad Tech platforms. Our team consists of product managers, project managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers throughout the globe, but mainly co-located in New York. You will have the opportunity to enhance the monetization of BuzzFeed & its media brands by partnering with stakeholders to increase revenue, optimize margin, & have a lasting impact on BuzzFeeds financial success.
About the Products
BuzzFeed can be the best at monetizing attention based on the functional, social, & emotional aspects of the content it is paired with. Our team supports this mission by maximizing user lifetime value by balancing seamless user experience while expertly optimizing, adapting, & distributing all of our content & advertising. Youll have the unique opportunity to define how a global media organization scales its business & partners with stakeholders across the company to create a sustainable monetization ecosystem.
What youll do
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, infra, & other internal partners
- Architect features requiring integration with new & existing services
- Write high-quality code & tests to build resilient services
- Participate in team wide retrospectives to improve developer workflows & processes
- Contribute to a laid back but hungry culture of the team
Who you are:
- You have a mix of frontend & backend experience
- You have experience integrating data from disparate systems & understand raw SQL
- You take UX seriously & want to build awesome internal tools
- You are interested in supporting team members & are passionate about teaching & learning
About BuzzFeed tech stack
We know that good engineers come from a variety of backgrounds & languages if you dont know already know the languages that we use, we trust that youll learn.
- Our frontend consists of various JS frameworks, such as React, Preact, & T3. You can go vanilla js when appropriate
- Our backend services are written in Python, Go, or node.js depending on the scope & context of the service
- Monitoring / Instrumentation is critical for our advertising stack. We use a combination of Datadog, Sentry, & proprietary services
- We believe in ownership over the entire engineering cycle - the same engineers architect, build, test, deploy, monitor, & run their services using containers on AWS/GCP
A big plus
- You can go full-stack if you need to (Python, Docker, AWS)
- Healthy interest in emerging platform level technologies - http/2, service worker, offline storage, etc.
- Experience with publishing packages (npm, etc.)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.