Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & merchants around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. Our advanced technology are enabling merchants to accept payments online & in store with first-class reliability & security. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Fraud & Authentication team is looking for curious, creative, & talented technologists to join our team.?
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Enterprise Risk Solutions team to help create application & infrastructure performance plans/models for Fraud detection engine using the latest technologies. You will work with fellow Dev Ops, Release leads & Project Managers to design & implement Performance/Chaos test & integrate solutions with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery. Additionally, your responsibilities will include load testing of systems, products, applications, & services that provide VISA clients with solutions to detect, prevent, & mitigate fraud for VISA & VISA client payment systems. Some of the key attributes of the platform includes use of REST services API & Container based services that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable & resilient, low-latency using technology based on open standards. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast & make big impacts, VISA Fraud Platform group is an ideal place for you!
The candidate will serve as a technical specialist & work independently with guidance only in the most complex situations. Opportunities to grow your career here at Visa are limited only by your passion to learn, desire to gain expertise, & drive to excel in delivering high quality products & services.
You will be an integral part of the agile development team, & will be assigned a variety of tasks pertaining to design, build & test of software applications & services. This role is for an individual whose experience with software development forms a strong basis for designing automated test solutions that will ensure that we deliver high quality services.
- Accountable for creating application & infrastructure performance plans/models for a highly scalable, low-latency, highly-available & high-throughput payment processing system.
- Work with the architects & development team to ensure proper metrics instrumentation done in software components, to help facilitate real time & remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Evaluate, develop & execute load test tools to stress the limits of Visa's most critical payment applications.
- Understand & performance test the APIs, GRPC, abstractions & integration patterns to solve challenging distributed system problems.
- Defining Performance Strategy & reporting performance baselines required to certify Go-Lives. Should have strong experience in handling multiple tasks & stakeholders.
- Documenting the steps performed during course of performance tests cycle including performance test scripts used.
- Provide mentor support emphasizing performance testing methodology, preparation, scripting, execution planning, simulation & test results reporting.
- Drive end to end performance test activities.
- Work independently & be a team player.
- Actively contribute to capacity planning & disaster recovery exercises.
- Support in triaging & troubleshooting of issues related to performance degradation incidents in production environment
- Monitor application performance, optimize performance bottlenecks & usage to create an application capacity model.
- Help optimizing system components such as CPU/Memory/Disk/Network & OS/Application software for maximizing the computer resources utilization.
- Analyze complex problems in the application space relating to resilience
- Perform chaos testing on a distributed system in order to build confidence in the system's capability to withstand turbulent conditions in production.
- Develop automated chaos testing in pre-production systems
- Partner with development to identify anti-patterns & create fallback experiences to critical scenarios
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Minimum of 6-8 years' hands-on experience in Performance Engineering areas.
- 2+ years of experience with Golang
- 3 years of experience with application monitoring tools
- 2+ years of experience with Docker & Kubernetes
- Expert knowledge in hardware, software, & distributed applications environments & solid understanding of their associated capacity & performance indicators
- Experience supporting & enabling application infrastructure that supports high availability/resiliency.
- Expert knowledge & strong experience using tools, Loadrunner/Jmeter,. etc. & understanding of APM solutions like Appdynamics, dynatrace, OPNET,. etc
- Hands on experience in Unix/Linux OS environments & operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage & networking protocols.
- Knowledge in programming languages like Java/Python & scripting languages.
- Experience in ORACLE/MYSQL DB tuning & optimization
- Knowledge of distributed database, distributed computing & high frequency transactions is a big plus.
- Knowledge & understanding of UMF, Druid & Flink.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills. Strong interpersonal, facilitation & leadership skills.
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus.
- Experienced in using tools like chaos monkey, simian army, chaos toolkits.
- 3+ years in DevOps & Development knowledge preferred.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
The position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.