We are looking for a curious & analytical insights expert who quickly translates customer learning into clear actions for maximizing long-term loyalty & value. As the Manager of Customer Insights, youll serve as the internal voice of our customers & inform business decisions for unlocking omni-channel growth across our retail & direct-to-consumer channels. You will be the expert on the Harrys customer to identify & answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust & reliable custom research & syndicated information.
About the Team
At Harrys, our customer is at the core of everything we do. Understanding the needs & motivations of consumers is key to driving our business strategy & our Consumer Insights team is at the center of making that happen. Our insights team continuously taps our customers & consumers to understand what were doing well, where we can make improvements, & what they want to see from Harrys in the future.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Harrys customer & their omni-channel purchase journey, loyalty drivers & barriers
- Uncover robust insights for optimizing the customer experience in retail & on the Harrys website. Partner with our direct-to-consumer & retail teams to turn insights into actions for maximizing the impact of shopper marketing, web design, pricing/promotion & category growth efforts
- Measure & interpret ongoing customer sentiment to identify ongoing trends, impact of changes in offers/distribution, & pain-points for specific cohort groups
- Translate business needs into an ongoing insights roadmap; execute a full plan comprised of primary market research & syndicated analyses & deliver timely results required to inform customer growth strategies
- Effectively communicate insights from all work to internal teams, senior management, & retail partners by distilling results to essential learning & actionable recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Enhance customer & shopper insights capabilities to strengthen the breadth & depth of insights for building best-in-class relationships with our customers & retail partners
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning & uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Passionate about customers & shoppers You champion a customer first mindset that strengthens our understanding of the category, shoppers, & distribution channels
- Crafty & creative You look for creative solutions & arent afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives & timelines & build research approaches to suit. You are energized by executing research projects on your own or working with external partners when required
- Skilled data storyteller You are comfortable analyzing & weaving together disparate information from primary research, syndicated data, & publicly available sources into a holistic story with strong recommendations
- Unwaveringly objective You represent the voice of the customer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to ingoing hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of uncovering insights that unlock opportunities to enhance the customer experience & expand our base of loyal customers
- You are highly collaborative & able to quickly establish credibility within the team to impact decisions through both formal & informal influence
- 3-5 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods. DTC experience is a plus.
- Comfortable using self-service quantitative tools, moderating qualitative research, working with large databases, & conducting analytics to garner learning from raw data
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to the Sr. Director, Customer Insights
- Provide direct support to the Retail & Direct-to-Consumer teams
- Work closely with other members of the Insights & Marketing teams
Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.