Sailthru is the largest sender of personalized email on the planet. But were so much more than an email provider or cross-channel marketing hub. Were committed to creating true partnerships with our clients, not just being another vendor. Working with some of the biggest names in ecommerce & publishing, we help deliver personalized email, mobile messaging, & onsite experiences to billions of consumers.
Sailthru is proud to be part of the CM Group, a world-class portfolio of technology products including Campaign Monitor, Delivra, Emma, Liveclicker, & Vuture. Our mission is to be the most respected, fastest growing marketing technology company in the world. We have teams all over the globe from NYC to San Francisco to London to New Zealand making it a reality.
Sailthru is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer in our NY office to manage our growing Kubernetes & Data Engineering infrastructure. You will be a key member of our engineering leadership team, working hands-on leading & managing a small team of DevOps engineers in both our New York & New Zealand offices. You will bring not just technical expertise in Kubernetes & Data Engineering, but also great interpersonal skills, teaching & mentoring other engineers.
What Youll Do
- Lead & manage a team of engineers building out our Kubernetes & Data Engineering infrastructure (EKS, EMR, Kafka, & more), providing technical direction & guidance as well as feedback on career growth.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams at Sailthru to build a scalable, resilient Kubernetes platform that has a noticeable impact on both the stability of the platform & the velocity of our engineering teams.
- Set technical direction & prioritize the work of your team by gathering feedback from engineers, collaborating with the teams to make their lives easier.
- Work hands on with your team, designing architecture, performing code reviews, & of course writing the code & tools that power our Kubernetes & Data Engineering platforms.
- Help foster a DevOps culture within the entire engineering team by teaching & advocating for DevOps practices.
You are an experienced servant leader that understands the best way to success is by enabling your colleagues to do their best work. You bias towards action, but understand that clear, timely communication is a must at a company of our size. You have a strong background in AWS & Kubernetes, with experience supporting platforms that can process terabytes of data. You live & breathe the DevOps mindset.
- Relevant BA / BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working with cloud technologies & DevOps or DevOps equivalent roles.
- Strong, proven experience working with AWS & Kubernetes (EKS), having built & maintained platforms hosting production-grade services & traffic.
- Strong, proven experience working with developers to build & maintain tools & CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building & maintaining cloud-first monitoring, logging, & alerting technologies supporting 24/7 enterprise platforms
- Experience with EMR, Kafka, data pipelines / data engineering for enterprise platforms.
- Excellent communication skills. A demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues all audiences.