We need your ideas & passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way. Opportunity to help lead the development & implementation of extensive new user-facing products & features; new shared packages; & collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
See our Github<https://github.com/1stdibs> for some of what we do.
What you will do
- Use your thorough understanding of core client-side technologies to architect complex user interactions for desktop & mobile browsers using React & Relay
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, TypeScript, GraphQL, webpack, ESNext, Sass (CSS Modules), & Git (with Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client & the server
- Lead, direct & mentor more junior team members (including code review)
- Provide informed estimates on project timelines & resources
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit & integration tests written with Jest & Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, & Etsy
- 4+ years experience developing sophisticated consumer-facing web sites
- 1+ major React projects completed
- extensive Node.js experience
- Understanding of performance-related trade-offs & how to squeeze the most performance from a web page
- Experience mentoring & directing a team (major plus)
- Be awesome & make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity & thoughtful opinions with you every day
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, & jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger developer community is strongly supported & encouraged!
- Interesting challenges & always evolving tech-stack
- Highly talented & experienced colleagues to gather knowledge from & grow together
- Encouragement & feedback
- Transparency & open communication
- Family atmosphere that feels more like home than work
- Respecting employees personal time outside of work
- Extra paid paternity leave
- Wellness program rewards/additional health insurance
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.