Software Developer - Pivotal Labs
Location: Amsterdam + Travel
Our Pivotal Labs team is looking for a Software Developer to join our team in Germany. We work in multi-disciplinary teams, immersively working with our clients enabling them to rapidly build high value products.
We empower the worlds largest organisations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We work as full-stack engineers building cloud native software, using technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Spring, Java, Kotlin, Android, iOS, React, & more.
What we do
- Pair programming
- we pair on all our production code
- Test first
- we TDD all our production code
- CI (Continuous Integration) everything
- we care so much about automation, we built concourse
- Enable our clients to build products like we do
- Experience all types of teams, products, & technologies
- Sustainable pace (dinner at home!)
- Work in balanced teams consisting of Product Managers, Product Designers & engineers
What we look for in a candidate
- An aptitude & willingness to learn
Were looking for smart, creative people who want to continuously learn as they go. Software changes fast & what is relevant today will be legacy tomorrow.
Below is a list of skills we value. This is not a checklist. If you have some of these skills, & want to grow into others, then we want to hear from you.
- An ability to research problems & break them into deliverable parts
- An appetite to work with companies of all scales to coach them on innovation delivery
- Ability to work in a pair programming environment
- Working knowledge of Lean, User Centered Design & Agile methodologies
- Strong communication skills
- A background in software engineering; or a degree in Computer Science or other related field
- A history of developing successful, large-scale, public web software
- Experience in web front-end development a plus
- Experience deploying to cloud environments a plus
- Experience in Android or iOS development is a plus
- Strong knowledge of one or more Object Oriented Programing or Functional Programming languages
We believe Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is integral to everything we do as a company & our investment in these efforts is a function of our core values as a company: Doing the Right Thing, Doing What Works & Being Kind. Learn more about our culture here.
Still curious? Find out more about what we build, our culture, & a day in the London office.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.