Tanium is seeking a Deal Desk Manager to support Taniums growing US Public Sector business, focusing on our US Federal & State, Local Government & Education (SLED) sales teams. This role will be partnering with the respective Sales Leadership teams to assist with execution of their go-to-market strategy & also providing deal structuring & price approval subject-matter expertise. This role will be highly visible to the respective Sales teams & will work closely with Taniums Public Sector Contracts & Sales Operations teams.
The right candidate must have the ability to both think strategically & execute operationally. Were looking for candidates that can solve ambiguous problems & have the initiative to propose new ideas & recommend solutions. This candidate will roll up their sleeves to partner with Sales to structure transactions that achieve the best outcome for Tanium, as well as shepherd deals through approvals. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly & build a strong relationship with their business partner.
This role will support the US market & be flexible to support sales teams coast-to-coast.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree is required, preferably in Business or related field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Business Administration)
- 4 years of experience in a sales-partnering role (Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Business Operations, Revenue Accounting)
- Business partnership experience with Sales executives
- Proficiency in Salesforce, CPQ & Excel (or equivalent collaborative spreadsheet app)
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company, supporting Public Sector sales teams
- Working knowledge of Government pricing mechanisms & contract vehicles (GSA, ESI, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with Field Sales on strategic transactions to develop winning pricing & deal strategies -- & ensure deals are vetted & approved with a sense of urgency.
- Partner with Public Sector Contracts team to ensure strategic transactions are supported with the needed order documentation & best practices are shared with Field Sales
- Serve as a sounding board for Corporate Product Marketing & Pricing to ensure Public Sector implications are heard & understood by these teams
- Develop relationships & communicate effectively with cross-functional stakeholders across Tanium.
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Travel Requirements: No expectations for travel
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise, detail-oriented, & exact.
- Flexibility: the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity & complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, & to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms.
- Written & oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, & reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, & others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, & expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Physical & Mental Abilities & Demands
- Use of Fingers/Hands: Typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, & to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
- Vision: The incumbent is required to distinguish between true colors, perceive depth, & partial field of vision is required at a minimum for the position.