Hello Fresh is looking for an Automation Technician to join our rapidly-growing fulfillment centre. In this role you will work with our Production & Maintenance Team to perform the automation & preventative maintenance programs at our facilities, & work to ensure operation downtime is kept to a minimum along with routine production activities.
- Work with our Food Safety & Sanitation teams to ensure all automated equipment is meeting regulatory standards;
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance of Packaging equipment using the appropriate job plans, procedures, & manuals;
- Ensure proper, safe operation of the equipment, accurate set up & responsible for documentation & administration reports.
- Conduct machine calibration & assist in preventive maintenance activities;
- Troubleshoot & repair equipment failures to ensure Production downtime is kept to a minimum;
- Continuously monitor & adjust the process based on upstream & downstream production needs.
- Maintain & store department inventory, including consumables & keep records documented.
- Responsible for Mixer responsibilities & following the Mixer processes when providing coverage.
- Responsible for practicing & adhering to Food Safety, GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) & Health & Safety.
- Responsible for practicing & adhering to Hello Fresh policies & best practices.
- Forklift license an asset.
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering Diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum one-year experience in a food processing or service environment/manufacturing industry;
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail & accuracy looking consistently for potential food safety or quality deviations
- This is a physically demanding job which requires lifting of up to 50lbs, standing for extended periods in a refrigerated cold work environment
- Will be required to move heavy equipment & materials for line set up, changes & operation.