MakeSpace is a national tech startup headquartered in New York City. We are changing the way people think about storing their belongings, with a combined product & engineering team of 20 people. Enabled by technology, our convenient, simple, on-demand storage solution has eliminated the need to ever visit a storage unit again.
Our team was crafted with dynamic talents from Google, Warby Parker, Tesla Motors, Pearson, NetSuite & Booz Allen who understand the importance of constant learning. Some of our software logistics challenges are unique for a startup, & we are proud of the inclusive & open team we have assembled to offer a fresh new perspective to disrupt the storage industry.
You will be a contributing member of our leadership & executive teams, & reporting directly to & working with our CTO. Youll be working closely with, & creating a shared product vision with the CTO & CEO/Founder of the company. You will be managing & growing a team of product managers & designers that work on customer experience, growth, warehouse & RnD products. Your role will be to create a product vision, thinking about core products, & setting up a product culture of testing & iteration. The ideal candidate will also have a strong vision in running a product organization & creating an iterative product culture. You should be comfortable working in cross-functional teams that include Sales, CS, Marketing.
- Form & direct the companys strategic product roadmap
- Partner with the engineering team to ensure that product releases are accountable to schedules, quality & expectations
- Develop product strategy & roadmaps based on market research, assessing operational needs, & developing an intuition for future products
- Engage internal & external stakeholders to align on product priorities
- Communicate & manage the product priorities quarterly, & as needed to various stakeholders including the Board.
- Set & measure key product metrics & success criteria
- Help to manage & optimize customer NPS
- Figure out the right experiments & micro-conversions we can run for our sites
Requirements & Qualifications:
- You have experience leading & growing product managers & designers as a Director or VP of Product.
- Youve successfully led groups of product & engineering teams in a product-focused environment.
- You have worked as an executive in a startup & with the executive team or worked with the board in a previous role.
- Youve led product at different companies, along the whole product lifecycle, from product conception to scale to maintenance & eventual product transition.
- Experience leading a product team during a period of Nationwide (Or International) growth for a company.
- You maintain a willingness to learn, teach, & step outside of your comfort zone.
- You have an ability to influence & motivate teams within & outside the immediate sphere of influence.
- Proven experience growing product usage & customer base (Bonus: Consumer businesses)
- Bonus: B.S. in computer science, engineering or data-related disciplines
- Bonus: Consumer growth and/or Warehouse experience
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please apply.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.