As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position will report to the VP, Legal - Employment & Social Impact, & be responsible for providing advice & counsel to Human Resources (HR) & company managers in all areas of global employment law, policy, development & training. The attorney functions as a key strategic advisor to HR & the business functions. This position may also assist with providing legal support to the Social Impact function, including partnering with stakeholders to develop & implement strategies, policies, & procedures to align with emerging legal & regulatory requirements.
This position requires an excellent teammate who can work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment. Occasional travel will be required.
- Provide advice & counsel on employment law issues including hiring, performance management, discipline, terminations, pay & benefits.
- Review & provide guidance on drafting & development of Human Resources policies & procedures domestically & internationally.
- Counsel HR, management & supervisors on handling employee relations matters, including employee counseling, discipline & benefits issues.
- Lead or provide advice & support on internal investigations. Recommend & help implement appropriate actions.
- Defend employment-related claims, including leading outside counsel in litigation globally, responding to administrative claims from governmental agencies & settlement demands, & negotiating resolution of claims.
- Assist employment law team in developing, implementing, improving & reviewing legal compliance projects & training.
- Prepare, direct & conduct training programs on employee relations matters; for example, employment law updates, managing within the law, & conducting investigations.
- Review & provide input on policies, procedures & specific matters impacted by legislation such as OFCCP, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, state worker's compensation & employment discrimination laws.
- Assist with matters related to Social Impact.
- Negotiate, review, & prepare contractual arrangements with outside service providers, including administrative & programmatic consultants & vendors.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school.
- Current member in good standing of the California bar.
- Corporate employment law experience, both counseling & litigation. Experience in top law firm and/or in-house environment.
- International experience strongly preferred.
- Extraordinary analytical ability & advocacy skills; excellent written & oral communication & negotiation skills; & the ability to drive execution in a team environment.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments & all levels of employees.
- Developed business insight, with ability to understand the company's business & anticipate the nature & magnitude of issues that could arise in various settings.
- Applicants are requested, but not required, to provide a deal sheet along with their resumes.
- Varies upon the needs of the department
- This position requires travel5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.