About this Role
As Head of Technical Program Management in the Retail Core Engine youll be charged with leading strategic definition & tactical outcomes for Walmarts US E-Commerce Business. Your scope will span e-commerce & omni-channel initiatives intersecting online & offline opportunities. Youll be working with a brilliant team during one of the most transformative moments in the retail industry.
About the Retail Core Engine:
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories & fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product leader within the Retail Core Engine youll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers. You will be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. Youll work in a close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, & navigate to delivery through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmarts US E-Commerce Retail Business youll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmarts US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com)
- Diverse set of leaders who represent the best & brightest in their fields
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience
- The ability to influence the direction of a company only constrained by your vision & passion to execute
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, & mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build & invest in new technology including open source tools & big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, & most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime & anywhere using online, mobile, social & stores. Walmarts mission is to become the smartest way to shop & save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology & fulfillment platform, & incredible customer service, weve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.
About the Position:
Retail Core Engine is tasked with building the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories & fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. The scope of the programs & products we build cross many engineering, product & organizational boundaries. Technical Program Managers take ownership for end to end deliverables leading product managers, engineering managers & senior leadership to scope & deliver critical outcomes.
Within this role youll be expected to:
- Drive clear, iterative roadmaps in a highly matrixed environment.
- Demonstrate a passion for details with ability to ideate & problem solve actively with business & technical stakeholders.
- Leverage knowledge of software development best practices in a highly interconnected & iterative environment including compartmentalization, interface definition & abstraction principles as applied to team organization & roadmap development.
- Demonstrate strong command of workflows & operationally excellence to ensure efficiency in solution development & clean integration with business practices.
- Lead & measure utilization of all resources
- Be a center of excellence in clarity of alignment & communication to all levels of the organization
Who are you:
- You have excellent data analytics skills with a strong focus on execution
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively & independently, even in areas of uncertainty & ambiguity
- You have a customer service approach to solving problems
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions
- You empower & inspires your team to take action & embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better."
- You have a strong balance of business & technical acumen
- Youre curious & look in places others ignore`
- Minimum 10 years of total work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory/ project management experience
- Self-directed, well organized & have good follow-up skills.
- Excellent written & oral communication & presentation skills
- Strong leadership capabilities & interpersonal skills