Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Read more about our initiatives here.
What you'll do:
We are on the hunt for Senior engineers to join us at Slice! You will develop internal & customer facing web applications using the latest technologies & design patterns available, while also helping us grow our product offering by making great engineering decisions, mentoring some new blood & more!
What we're looking for:
- Passion for technology
- 5+ years of experience building commercial software in a modern programming language, we really like Ruby, Python & Go
- Thorough understanding of & experience working with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- A focus on application observability, with experience monitoring application performance & errors in production.
- Comfortable in Linux/Unix-like environments for development & production.
- History of using solid software development practices & tools such as automated testing, source control, & agile process.
- Fluent verbal & written English skills
- Positive approach to work, & treat others well.
- Ability & experience in mentoring others
- Excellent problem solving, analytical & organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions on product design, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers.
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with engineers & non-engineering stakeholders alike
- An understanding of building consumer-facing web software, including shopping experiences & e-commerce.
- Love for pizza
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
Join a community of best-in-class team who combine creativity, curious minds & a commitment to excellence with the desire & commitment to grow & build on the Engineering culture and skill bases & community here in NI.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background, we are interested in your latest work & projects. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.