YOUR ROLE AT ZERO
Youll be responsible for working on our security team to protect us from various threats & for managing our security policies & procedures.You'll be a foundational member of the team & work closely with Engineering & Banking Compliance to formulate security strategies for Zero that aligns security controls to risks at hand.
WHAT YOULL BE WORKING WITH
- A team of experienced engineers & designers bringing banking tech into the modern era.
- A mobile-focused banking experience backed by industry-renowned investors.
- Companywide streamlined engineering processes allowing you to quickly get set up learning, developing, & helping out with iOS (Swift), backend (Django) or web (React) if you're looking to expand your engineering horizons.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
Must Have:8+ years of software security engineering & leadership experience.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Prior demonstrated technical leadership & management experience in cross-functional security roles.
- Experience in implementing Risk driven security processes.
- Experience designing access management policies working in configuration driven cloud environments (GCP/AWS).
- Solid understanding of Secure Software Development Lifecycle concepts.
- Ability to work with both engineers, & product managers on items needed to strengthen Zero's security posture.
- Prior experience in implementing security strategies, such as Vulnerability & Patch Management programs, Penetration testing programs, Incident
- Response & long term remediation plans
- Significant understanding of application security topics such as OWASP Top 10 & authentication infrastructure (SAML, OAUTH).
- Network level security experience, in particular: SSL/TLS certificate, Public Key Encryption (PKI).
- Experience driving vendor risk management programs.Excellent written, visualization & verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on development experience (coding, code reviews, documentation)
- Hands on experience with container orchestration technologies like Kubernetes on GCP and/or AWS (preferably GCP)
- Experience with corporate IT security controls
- Experience driving compliance audits for PCI/DSS, SOC2 & similar
- People management (hire, retain, team reviews)
- Competitive salary.
- We pay 100% of your medical, dental, & vision premiums
- Well provide whatever equipment you need to succeed
- Lunch & breakfast expenses paid
- Standing desks for everyone
- A beautiful office with a large kitchen filled with a variety of drinks, coffee, snacks, & breakfast sandwiches
- Work with industry veterans. We're an experienced team with backgrounds leading teams @ major companies such asAffirm, Apple, Capital One, Dropbox, Google, Postmates, Shift, Silicon Valley Bank, Upgrade, Wells Fargo, & Zynga.
Zero is a next-gen fintech company disrupting consumer banking through beautiful design, innovative features, & a business model that allows us to offer better economics to customers than traditional banks. Zero combines the simplicity of a debit card with the cash back of a credit card. Your money is safe & secure in an FDIC-insured checking account & you earn a high-yield on your deposits & unlimited 1% to 3% cash back on your purchases with Zerocard, a World Mastercard. There are no foreign transaction fees, annual fees, account minimums, or monthly maintenance fees, & our support team in California is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. According to the New York Times, Zero is "a better overall offer than almost any credit card." Our team has launched successful products in prior roles at companies including Apple, Capital One, Dropbox, Shift, & Zynga. Zero is backed by leading investors including New Enterprise Associates, Silicon Valley Bank, SignalFire, Eniac Ventures, & Nyca Partners.