Green Chef is looking for an organized, deadline-driven, detail-oriented recipe editor to join their Recipe Card Production Team. The ideal candidate will be able to masterfully update recipes to brand standardization, compose clever culinary copy, & assist with editorial work on new business offeringsall while staying mindful of a tight production workflow & ever-expanding menu.
You will ...
- Copyedit 50+ recipes per week for clarity, accuracy, & proper brand tone
- Write clear & concise recipe titles, subtitles, & descriptions
- Make updates to in-production content based on recipe tests & consumer reviews
- Assist recipe developers with adherence to editorial guidelines
- Update & maintain editorial style guides
- Work with internal business partners on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality
- Update online recipe cards
- Have an innate love of food & cooking
You are ...
- A true foodieyou find yourself reading cookbooks & scouring social media for the latest culinary trends in your spare time
- An exceptional linguist with a knack for figuring out how to explain the most advanced of culinary methods to novice homecooks
- Expertly skilled in copy editing, proofreading, AP style, & ensuring adherence to style guides
- Superbly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects & timelines at once
- A self-starter & truly proactive problem solver who works relentlessly to execute all steps needed until the problem is resolved
- Proficient in Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Google Sheets, Excel, project management software, & content management systems
At a minimum, you have ...
- 3-5 years experience in food editorialculinary degree a plus
- A deep knowledge of a broad range of cuisines, ingredients, & cooking techniques
- Experience assessing photography for culinary accuracy
- Proven research & proofreading skills
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, or a Communications-related field
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company-sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.