Our mission? To create the finance solution all businesses love.
Our means? Technology, elegant design, & an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto
, we believe that great service comes from great thinkers. That's why we strive to provide the right environment that allows you to excel in your work. Check out this video
to learn about our working ethos: The Qonto Way
launched Qonto in July 2017, & the team has achieved great things since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 220,000 SME clients
- €622 million raised so far with a €4.4 billion valuation after Series D
- International investors including Valar, Alven, Tencent, DST Global, Tiger Global, TCV, Alkeon, Eurazeo, KKR, Insight Partners
- 4 offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, & Barcelona
- And 500+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
- Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients & each other
As our Accounting Team Lead, you will report to the Head of Accounting, Tax & Treasury & will oversee the accounting department functions with a focus on ensuring the timely & accurate delivery of financial statements & reporting.
You will manage a team of two talented accountants & help them establish & enforce proper accounting methods, policies, & principles but also lead & ensure compliance with the statutory annual audit process & tax reporting.
If you're ready to go deep working on a rewarding set of challenges & if you've got the accounting skills, passion, & a strong team mentality - read on & get in touch!
As the Accounting Team Lead at Qonto, you will
• Be responsible for managing & developing the Accounting team:
Supervise & manage general ledger accounting functions & develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training while ensuring knowledge sharing within the team.
• Oversee month-end closing:
- Ensure that monthly transactions are completely captured & recorded in the books.
- Guarantee the accuracy of our general ledger.
- Ensure payment process & assets bookkeeping
- Ensure that billing & collection schedules are adhered to & vendor terms are maximized to support operational requirements.
- Partner with FP&A function to ensure efficient analytical accounting
- Maintain branch accounting in cooperation with an external advisor
• Achieve accounting operational objectives:
Contribute by giving accounting information & recommendations to strategic plans & reviews, preparing & completing action plans, implementing production, & establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Work on compliance & standards:
Understand current & proposed legislation, enforce accounting regulations, & recommend new procedures. You will also maintain a permanent regulatory watch & update.
What you can expect
• To work closely with Qonto's Finance team & also be exposed to other teams and be part of our strategy by making Qonto grow
• To contribute to the development of the Finance function in one of the most promising European scale-ups / Fintech
• To work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on quality
• Experience: Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, you have at least 6+ years of experience in accounting/finance
• Leadership: You are recognized for your ability to make your team grow, you are attentive to their success & you encourage strategic thinking
• Mastery: Highly proficient in Excel, knowledge of other MS Office applications & accounting software
• Languages: You speak English fluently, French or any other language is a plus
• Autonomous: Proven team player & ability to work independently while managing multiple projects/assignments