Company Description|Job Description
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
We are looking for a Software Engineer having a background in micro-service & big data architectures for Analytics & AI products. You will join our AI team & work with our Data Scientists & Machine Learning Engineers to prototype novel AI solutions, as well as to mature them to production-ready level.
The position requires a result-oriented mindset, supported by strong experience with big data pipelines & micro-service solutions. Previous experience with any ML stack is a plus. You are expected to focus on the practical usefulness & reliability of the solutions rather than their novelty or uniqueness. The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple ways is vital as you will be working in a cross-functional environment.
As part of the AI team at Nexthink, you will be responsible for prototyping & deploying new product features as well as solving the hard engineering problems those features entail:
- Managing complexity, risks & benefits associated with releasing an AI-driven product feature
- Prototyping AI features iteratively in fast cycles of experimentation & consolidation
- Deploying those features safely in a production environment following our processes
- Reviewing the codebase for AI experiments in Python
- Contributing to the continuous integration development process with best practices, data & code versioning
- (Optional) Scrum master role
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- 2+ years of experience building tools in commercial Big Data environments (IT, finance, business intelligence, analytics). Agile, CI/CD know-how is a must.
- Worked on product features that were deployed in a production cloud environment (backend).
- Strong experience with cloud software architecture: micro-services, APIs, container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes).
- Understanding of data & application architecture design processes
- BSc in Computer Science (MSc is a plus)
- Mastery of any OOP language (Java / C++ / C#)
- Heavy use of Python is a plus
- Some understanding of basic statistics & ML is a plus
- Passion for building a system from the ground up; start-up experience is a plus
- Proven independence & self-drive
- Fluent in English, spoken & written (French is a plus)
The seniority will depend on the level of mastery & experience with big data cloud solutions.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.