Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, & are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Engineering Managers at Justworks manage a team of Software Engineers. The Engineering Managers within Payments & Tax Unit (PTU) work closely with Product Managers & Operations team members to make complex problems simple, scale systems to handle a growing user base, & automate manual tasks. As the team whose mission is to process payments & payroll taxes accurately & on time, PTU is responsible for mission critical operations that are crucial to Justworks.
What you'll do
- Work with Engineers, Product Managers, Operations team members, & other stakeholders to scope, prioritize & execute projects so we can improve & scale our systems.
- Communicate & coordinate with other teams in & out of engineering to understand the requirements & opportunities for improvement.
- Provide guidance & support growth in your direct reports.
- Help plan for the future of your team, its products & its people.
- Help recruit, interview, & hire for the entire engineering team.
Who you are
- Minimum of 5 years managing productive engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience in prioritizing, crafting, & executing plans.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to grasp & explain complex concepts to both technical & non-technical people.
- High levels of empathy & interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of core web development technologies from the browser to the database
- Experience with distributed systems, & architecting scalable systems.
- A desire to help develop a product with a positive impact.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks vision is for all identities, backgrounds & expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success & intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative & inclusive space & company culture.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.