Zola is seeking a Creative Director to join our fast growing Creative team. Our Creative Team produces engaging, high-quality assets in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. Projects range from art directing photo shoots to concepting & executing marketing campaigns to overseeing our designers. Youll be responsible for ensuring all creative is visually "on-brand" across all our marketing channels.
- Own the brand visual identity across all areas of the customer experience
- Partner closely with CMO, Editorial, Brand Marketing, CRM, Acquisition Marketing, Product & other key stakeholders to ensure creative that elevates the brand & delivers on acquisition or retention goals
- Direct the concept of & lead day to day design of all marketing assets including digital & print assets including campaign concepts, emails, social ads, print mailers & TV
- Lead, mentor & inspire a team of talented designers & videographers through understanding business direction & customer needs to concept, plan & executed compelling creative
- Offer leadership & contribute to the overall Marketing strategy, plan & prioritization
- Create & foster a collaborative, innovative & diverse creative environment
- Oversee internal photo/video shoots
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- 10+ years of design experience in e-commerce or fast growing startup
- Deep understanding of brand, visual design, user experience & digital marketing to design beautiful & intuitive experiences
- Strong conceptual thinker with a digital & print background
- Experience delivering brand & performance focused campaigns
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & have a keen understanding of graphic/web design principles & current web technologies (html, css)
- Strong communicator & are able to prioritize & manage work to adhere to critical timelines
- Passionate about branding, storytelling, & producing engaging content & campaigns
- Ability to own a project from start to finish, working autonomously, but welcoming feedback & collaboration
- Portfolio with relevant work as both a leader & individual contributor
- Experience managing multi-level teams of graphic designers
- Experience concepting & designing for video content
- Scrappy, resourceful - doesnt need big budgets or huge teams to deliver an exciting experience, excited to dive into the weeds & take on execution where necessary
- Hard working & passionate!
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work both independently & with a team
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners. Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.