At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
The Web Platform team at TpT is focused on enabling high quality & high velocity front-end product development so that we can meet the needs of our TpT community. As a senior software engineer on Web Platform, youll help set the tone for web frontend development at TPT by defining patterns & frameworks that other engineers rely upon. Youll work across our front-end & Node.js stack on projects like building & maintaining our design system, improving web performance through tooling & monitoring, & working on templates & libraries that can be leveraged by product engineers to build & improve TpT experiences. Members of Web Platform are also responsible for guiding best practices on monitoring the health of TpT websites, from scalability to accessibility & developer productivity.
- Own the implementation & delivery of engineering priorities on the team through direct contributions as well as through code reviews, pairing & other practices.
- Support building a healthy, inclusive team culture that emphasizes continuous learning, mentorship, & empowerment. Provide feedback & mentorship to your team members, both to more junior team members & to peers.
- Identify, highlight, & tackle the highest priority work, both within ongoing projects & in suggesting new opportunities to explore.
- Inform the teams roadmap by using a working knowledge of product direction to stay ahead of the curve of feature development.
- Lead projects that will include multiple engineers, making sure that the overall goals of the project are clear, & helping to resolve issues with the initial plan that come up along the way
- Contribute to the maintenance & operation in production of the systems the team supports & builds by participating in our on-call rotation.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong technical track record, with deep knowledge in at least one part of the frontend domain & a demonstrated ability to drive systems-level decisions across the stack.
- Excellent verbal & written communication that is effective both amongst engineers & cross-functionally.
- Deep technical curiosity to learn & fill gaps in knowledge about systems you are responsible for. Able to learn & provide effective feedback to peers working on a wide breadth of technologies.
- 4+ years of experience in development at scale, with clear examples of leading large, complex projects.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.