Smart Design, a strategic design consultancy in West Chelsea, is looking for a part-time Studio Project Intern to assist on a variety of tasks from supporting the administrative side of client work, running errands, & as back-up receptionist.
If youre excited about working in a creative (and dog friendly!) environment & enjoy managing different responsibilities, this is a great opportunity to get work experience in a design office.
- Support project teams with materials production (laminating, cutting with hand scissors or paper cutter, assembling kits of post-its/markers/pens, binding & folding booklets, rolling posters, etc.)
- Run errands to pick up samples & supplies from consumer electronics, housewares, or fabric samples
- Sit in on product testing & brainstorms (with exposure to the design process)
- Help organize project team work spaces moving or clearing research & project materials
- Act as back-up receptionist greeting clients, guests & accepting mail packages
Naturally you are:
- Enrolled as a student, but available 15 20 hours a week (Monday, Tues, Thursday 10-3pm)
- Resourceful, efficient & highly organized
- Detail oriented & thorough
- Energetic & positive even when doing repetitive or administrative tasks
- Have a sense of urgency while maintaining thoughtful approach thats never sloppy