Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Contracting Manager to join our P&L team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a relentless focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role:
This role works as part of the North East P/L Contracting team & is responsible for oversight of the contracting processes & ensuring that the teams have the right tools & processes to successfully build & refine the Oscar networks of independent providers. Responsible for being an internal Oscar liaison as needed, & an external ambassador in prospective markets, effectively selling Oscars vision & value to new provider partners to close deals at competitive rates & ensure a great network experience for our members
This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona.
- Have a strong understanding of Oscars contracting workflows & the key terms & rate structures of our provider agreements.
- Conduct all steps of the contracting workflow for markets & leads as assigned (market research to identify leads, lead outreach, contract negotiation, roster collection, contract page configuration, credentialing)
- Central escalation point / triage point for process questions ((e.g. how do you contract a home health center, what type of rate sheet does anesthesia use, how to use Docusign, which template to use)
- Coach, develop & provide feedback to team members
- Own complex provider groups & contracting (HBPs, large provider groups)
- Continuously review team ticket assignments & work with market leadership to identify capacity & redistribute leads/projects as needed
- Support review & approval of SCA tickets within the predetermined & agreed to SLA turn around times
- Support communication across stakeholders - PR, Claims etc. - as issues arise with providers
- Support management in the ongoing evolution of the contracting org structure & team processes
- Ensure signed contracts successfully go through Oscars full contracting process (market research to identify leads, lead outreach, contract negotiation, roster collection, contract page configuration, credentialing)
- Support management in the identification of implementation of performance metrics & performance incentives for the team
- identification of training needs for the team, & coordinate training sessions of the team
- Support the P/L team on additional network improvement initiatives as identified
- 5+ years of contracting experience
- Understanding of physician, hospital, & other provider contracts & reimbursement mechanisms
- Experience managing remote teams
- Experience building & redesigning processes
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & project a professional business presence
- Possess strong Excel & MS Office skills
- Ability to work with internal stakeholder departments to create a seamless & positive experience for the provider
- Professional Spanish language proficiency
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at email@example.com to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.