At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced operator to serve as the Operations Manager for Austin. Were searching for an exceptional leader with experience managing large teams, leading complex cross-functional initiatives, & possessing a strong desire to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
You will report to the General Manager of the territory & will be responsible for leading our vehicle leasing & driver support, working closely with local driver team on driver retention & acquisition, managing the costs of our programs, & continuing to create value for Lyft by unlocking new opportunities & optimizing existing programs. If you have experience managing large programs, developing employees, working in dynamic environments, & solving tough problems, wed like to talk with you.
- Lead, develop, & engage an organization of 10+ team members, including Operations Leads & Community Associates
- Oversee driver support & rental operations across Austin region
- Use data-driven decision-making to optimize the driver supply funnel, support quality, & rental fleet
- Create a world-class experience for our drivers across all business lines, & be obsessed with creating positive interactions with all drivers
- Understand two-sided marketplace dynamics, & develop & execute driver education & retention programs
- Ensure compliance with all local laws & regulations
- Work with the GM & other cross-functional partners to develop long-term strategy & hit OKRs
- Represent Central Texas driver needs & concerns to Lyft HQ
- Work with other markets across Texas to install best practices
- Identify opportunities & make them happen
- 5+ years of operations experience in operations, consulting, finance, and/or startup environments
- Experience building & managing high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, & an ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Expertise manipulating & analyzing data & building models in Excel, & using data to make sound business decisions; knowledge of SQL a plus
- Track record of setting goals, creating a plan, & getting results
- Experience in building & scaling teams & programs a plus
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.