ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Data & Analytics team provides robust measurement & actionable insights on our growing membership base. We partner closely with product, engineering, & marketing teams to build innovative products, understand customer demand signals, & measure growth & engagement.
As our company grows, were looking for a Product Data Analyst to join our team. Reporting to theSkimms VP of Data & Analytics, you support the tracking of events on our app & web, design & analysis of A/B tests for new product features, size new opportunities, & define key performance metrics across our newsletter, app, web, & audio.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Supporting our Product Manager of Personalization & Director of Data Science as we build out personalization at theSkimm
- Providing actionable insights to help product managers understand trends, marketplace dynamics, & user behaviors
- Segmenting our Skimmrs to understand their different motivations & use cases along with our ability to fulfill those needs & add meaningful value
- Conceptualizing key metrics to measure success & identifying levers to move key metrics
- Building dashboards for all levels of the company, including executive leadership, to monitor key metrics & track progress
- Identifying, collecting, & transforming data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other statistical tools
- A/B testing strategy including design, execution, & analysis
- Developing a sound understanding of the role of each product within theSkimms ecosystem of products
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or similar quantitative role
- Understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience with large datasets, statistical analyses, data visualization
- Experience with product analytics platforms such as Amplitude or Optimizely
- Strong communication skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Experience with Python or another scripting language
- Understanding of user segmentation, cohort analyses, regression models, funnel optimization
- Experience in Media or Publishing
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm: a passion for our audience & mission
- High EQ
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news & makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. theSkimms product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'' & Skimmd From the Couch, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. theSkimms first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the lifes necessity categories & expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content & audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- & the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.