At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Provide support & maintenance for the goTransverse Tract self-service subscription billing application within the Development, Test & Production environments. Perform day-to-day maintenance of the application in operation, including tasks related to identifying issue root cause(s), troubleshooting issues, & issue resolution, dispatch to partner teams, and/or escalation. Develops procedures for the solution of well-defined routine business problems with a high level of reliability, execution & speed. Seeks opportunities to streamline and/or automate procedures. All job duties & responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal & regulatory requirements.
What you'll do
- Configuration management:Install, configure & test software changes.
- Analyze system logs & identify potential issues with installations or proactively identify potential issues.
- Perform routine audit of the billing platform & software.
- Apply system updates, patches, & configuration changes.
- Recommend & assist with system performance tuning activities.
- Configure, add, & delete file systems as required
- Research, perform root cause analysis & resolve problems in the Production, Test & Development environments.
- Properly prioritize & address issues & requests per established SLAs.
- Respond promptly to application alerts & issues & follow through to resolution per defined severity levels & within the established SLAs
- Manage communication on the issues & problem statement of the issue to the customers.
- Escalate production impact details & effectively communicate issue status to stakeholders & executive leadership team.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes via automation.
- Meet with business unit representatives to define & evaluate routine business automation needs & system change requests. Interpret business specifications to prepare for analysis/design functions.
- Participate in systems analysis, general systems design, & detailed systems design.
- Maintain in-depth functional knowledge of the supported applications & interdependencies e.g., integrations with Dell Boomi.
- Generate, test, & document program code. Debug & resolve problems
- Modify existing application programs or write new programs of moderate to high complexity & scope, working with applications systems designs & specifications & utilizing standards, procedures, & techniques.
- Assist partner teams with debugging issues, & providing subject matter expertise for the billing platform.
- Responsible to acquire training, as needed, & will learn user functions, organization, & role in the enterprise to the extent required.
- College degree in computer-related discipline
- 5+ years of system administrator, programmer/analyst experience
- 3+ years experience with a subscription billing system, goTransverse Tract preferred
- Good knowledge in Database schema & running SQL queries
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with business functions to understand & map processes to system requirements
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks at once
- Ability to work well with team members, partner functions, end-users,and management.
- Possess excellent communication skills written & oral, interpersonal & organizational.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.