Were seeking a Global Account Director to join our Sales Team in New York City. The Global Account Director will report directly to the SVP of Sales.
What Youll Do:
The Global Account Director will play a key role in the development, implementation & execution of an Account Management strategy thats aligned with Convenes unique business objectives. S/He will partner with key Global Strategic Accounts to demonstrate Convene's value & maximize revenue yield through engagement across the Convene platform. S/He will drive business opportunities to the WorkPlace & Meetings Product sales team in existing markets along with generating demand in new markets.
- Manage & grow Convenes top producing global accounts, which by definition will, or have the potential to, produce $500,000 in annual Convene revenue & utilize Convene in three or more markets,
- Curiously research new, target & established owned accounts, strategically cultivating meaningful client relationships throughout the accounts organizations, with a focus on Meetings, Real Estate, & others who can influence & buy Convene products
- Establish, implement & execute Global Account Sales Strategies for all Convene Products to drive portfolio opportunities.
- Negotiate & execute Platform Partnership Agreements that support the Convenes revenue strategy & growth of the Meetings & WorkPlace portfolio.
- Work closely with stakeholders across Convene departments including sales, revenue, marketing, & others to create scalable solutions for pricing across the portfolio for top accounts.
- Own & execute property familiarization tours, pitches/presentations & dissemination of key account intel to support enterprise sales strategy.
- When applicable, partner with Travel Management Companies (TMCs), Strategic Meetings Management firms to drive brand awareness with key business influencers.
- Work internally with Convene Real Estate Development, Product & Innovations teams as necessary to share account specific insight, revenue potential & other metrics within new/target markets;
What We Look For
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) & 8+ years of experience in Sales with a minimum of 4+ years in a regional selling role and/or a complex or multi-unit sales environment
- A strategic thinker with meticulous attention to detail; the ability to understand the overall business & strategy, & drive execution of strategy into tactical action.
- A proven ability to create strong & productive relationships at senior buyer levels within an organization.
- Strong history of collaborative, consultative selling success
- Demonstrated hands-on proficiency Salesforce.com and/or Delphi.fdc
- Demonstrated ability to influence & motivate team members, especially those that dont report to you.
- High degree of personal drive & able to pursue own intuition & vision
- Exceptional track record of leadership with a willingness to be a player more often than a coach
- Responsive to demands from multiple internal & external stakeholder groups
- Must be challenging & diplomatic; able to influence those outside own reporting structure
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize & manage various projects based on the current business requirements & landscape.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth, environment
- Ability to travel domestically & potentially internationally up to 5-12 days a month
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.