Asana is seeking an experienced technologist to join our growing team & oversee internal IT Infrastructure systems & networks at our offices globally. Based in our San Francisco office, you will be primarily responsible for the design & implementation of any on prem IT Infrastructure for our offices globally.
You are someone who asks questions, is confident in not knowing everything, & would rather collaborate with others than go it alone. You are crisp & detail oriented, but able to work outside of the boundaries when necessary. On top of your proven history of success, you have a passion for technology and, like us, you value hard work & fun in equal measure.
What youll achieve
- Manage all aspects of Asanas corporate IT infrastructure from design to deployment: Including Storage, Virtualization, IDM/MDF operations, & network services.
- Perform day to day support & administration including: installation, configuration, monitoring, documentation, & automation for all IT infrastructure
- Train & mentor users on the IT support team
- Respond to all tactical support escalations
- Provide continuous review of internal IT infrastructure. Propose & implement enhancements that will improve performance, reliability, & scalability as we grow globally
- Provide training to IT Team to enhance networking skill-set.
- Support office expansion initiatives & travel as needed to global offices
- Manage relationships with ISPs/Data circuit providers
- Perform hardware installation & maintenance, including lifting up to 50lbs to heights of up to 6ft.
- 7+ years of experience with the following
- Configuration, administration, & installation of Operating Systems, Server Hardware, Storage & network infrastructure.
- Hands on experience with Linux & Windows servers
- Virtualization & IaaS/AWS deployments
- Designing & building MDF/IDF infrastructure, including: power, cooling, & monitoring
- Experience with network hardware including but not limited to: Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Juniper, Palo Alto, & other major Network vendors
- Solid knowledge of networking terms, models, & protocols
- Experience managing relationships with vendors
- Familiarity with common network & systems monitoring tools including: SCOM, MRTG, nagios, Splunk, Cacti, & Syslog.
- Experience with managing key vendor relationships for system & network technologies
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, Powershell or equivalent
- Familiarity with authentication or access control systems & protocols: AD, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML, Kerberos, & PAM
- Able to work both independently or collaboratively
- Excellent communication & documentation skills
- Understanding of best security practices
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.