As a People & Culture Partner at Compass, you will be the overall partner for our Regional Operational Teams, working side by side with each team to ensure people & business objectives are aligned for the success of both. You will serve as a consultant to management on business issues, & as a coach to managers & employees. You will be instrumental in building our growing company & People & Culture function, championing our values & ensuring that Compass is a great place to come to work everyday. This position will sit in NYC at our HQ.
At Compass You Will:
- Partner with your clients (groups supported) & specialists in People & Culture to run all key people processes (performance management, compensation, training & development programs, etc). Be a strategic & trusted advisor to the business that you support, a key part of the business leadership team.
- Build & run the People strategy (growth, workforce planning, succession planning, benchmarking, retention) for your teams & liaise with Recruiting & other experts internally to ensure best-in-class execution.
- Make the outstanding leaders you support even better every day, through providing guidance & coaching.
- Ensure a happy workforce, free to focus on what they do best, through providing any needed People & Culture support to your group, such as swift & effective resolutions to questions & issues.
- Roll out processes including performance management, compensation planning, benefits & perks, employee feedback, retention, key employee metrics & more.
- Coach employees to assist them in their development, career planning & resolving challenges.
- Build compliance into all we do, including maintaining in depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, & reducing legal risks.
- Help drive & embed diversity practices into all that we do.
- Partner with recruiting on the creation of new roles, delivering a quality recruiting strategy for both internal & external candidates, interview key talent where needed & partner with recruiting & compensation specialist to create offer packages.
- Experience working with a operations organization or a customer service organization is a plus
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 8+ years of People / HR experience,
- MBA or Masters in Human Resources or PHR certification preferred
- Solutions-driven. You believe theres a way you can solve any challenge. You understand & are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely & thorough service & outstanding follow-up.
- Integrity. You understand how to handle confidential information & sensitive issues.
- Agile. Youre an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing & ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when theres a lot to do.
- Talented. You are a true strategist & have superior verbal & written communication skills, representing us well in all you do.
- Empathetic & engaging. You connect well with employees & understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal & teamwork skills.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.