Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Your primary responsibility will be developing transformation logic against disparate datasets into Aetion's proprietary format. You will work closely with our Science team in developing this logic, which is in SQL & Scala UDF & executed over a Spark cluster. In addition, you will be integral in developing & enhancing our ELT process which utilizes Apache Airflow (python), Spark/Databricks & a combination of Java/Scala to develop data ingestion infrastructure.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop transformation logic to convert disparate datasets into Aetions proprietary format.
- Work with the Science team to develop this logic in SQL executed over a Spark cluster.
- Assess, develop, troubleshoot & enhance ELT process, which utilizes Apache Airflow (python) & a combination of Java/Scala.
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic application.
- Develop highly effective, performant, & scalable components capable of handling large amounts of data for over 10 million patients.
- Work with the Science & Product teams to understand & assess client needs, & to ensure optimal system efficiency.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in the position offered or related position, including 5 years of experience with: designing, developing, maintaining large-scale data ETL pipelines using Java/Scala in AWS, Hadoop, Spark, & DataBricks to manage Apache Spark infrastructure.
- Experience building backend modules, low latency REST API in distributed environment using Java, Docker, SQL, MVN, Spring, Jenkins.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, UDFs to process large amounts of data across relational, non-relational databases, JSON & Spark SQLs.
- Experience translating requirements from product, DevOps teams to technology solutions using SDLC.
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.